Since every single blog post I’ve started in the last month is still sitting in the Drafts folder unfinished, I thought I’d check in with bullet points and give an update on all that’s going on…
Well, scratch that…I THOUGHT I would. I’ve been reverting to the classic editor of this blog host bc the new one is too confusing but even that’s not an option anymore.
99 choices and bulleting ain’t one…
So I guess I’ll do numbers. Will you let me do numbers, Word Press?
- We are having a mixture of live and online services. So far this week Dale has done 8 sermons.
- Two of those services came with big meals (think: cooking for about 60 people) so I’ve been in the kitchen a great deal.
- Our benefits continue- Kristi’s cake online auction was a great success and we’re back to do bbq and fish fry fundraisers locally. The needs are so great.
- The brick business we manage is booming at the moment. Which is great and not even a coincidence that the extra work (and tithe from it) came as the church’s A/C unit went out.
- Our ladies Bible study started back up last month as well. We are doing a study from the Jesus Calling series. I didn’t realize how much I needed that female fellowship. I may be leading the study, but I feel lifted up in this group as well.
- I’ve been teaching ESL classes for about nine months to kids in China on Friday and Saturday nights. I love it. I miss teaching and this just happens to be the company I went to Seattle to teach foreign language camps for a few years ago. I’ve also been approved to teach with an American company called Outschool- your curriculum, your hours, Zoom-based…I just haven’t found the time yet! But it’s nice to have that option. I get more requests to tutor in person but I really want to focus on 7 below so I am currently having to limit my free tutoring hours.
- My writing is at an all-time high (in notebooks) and low (on computer). UGH….I need two weeks alone to finish up some projects. Of course that will never happen but a girl can dream!
Here are the books on the horizon and their status:
*Gumbo Goes Camping (publisher in process of printing; out late 2020, cover art not available)
*Pruning With Proverbs (I’ve decided to self-publish. I was not crazy about the price the publisher wanted to set and decided not to sign the contract. I promised the Lord years ago if he used me to share his Word in ANY way, I would not charge people. I want to cover costs only.)
*God, Am I Doing this MOM Thing Wrong? (Inspirational essays on motherhood, January 2021)
*God, Am I Doing this MINISTRY Thing Wrong? (Inspirational essays for those in ministry, February 2021)
*God, Am I Doing this Life Thing Wrong? (Inspirational essays for women, December 2020)
*Devotional for Anxiety (title tba later, February 2021)
*Using Sidewalk Chalk Along the Pathways of Life (humorous inspirational essays with scriptural tie-ins, October 2020, cover art coming soon)
*How-to Help For Homeschool/Virtual Moms (title tba later, asap)
*America Stepped Up (current essays on how communities rallied around people in need, tba)
*Zee, the Amazing Circus Performer (juvenile or picture book biography of a fascinating woman I know who worked for “Old Man Ringling” as she called him, searching for publisher)
*Miss Selena the Giant Librarian (holding out for a publisher)
*The Day Cody Got 11 Time-Outs (an attempt at self-publishing a children’s book, tbd, temporary cover)
September Media Picks Coming Soon….
along with another dozen or so half-finished posts 🙂